Stanin Hani offers you a unique opportunity to adopt a honeybee colony at the Lillklobb apiary located in the city of Espoo, Finland.
Honeybees have been kept at Lillklobb for many years. It is a perfect location to observe sustainable beekeeping and family farming in action! We team up with Finch Agroecology.
The adoption fee is 495€/year or less depending on the number of adopters. Seasoned adopters get a discount. For more details click on the green button.
Adopting a beehive provides you with a premium, local, traceable and sustainably sourced food, whose production supports nature and humans.
When you adopt a hive, you will:
- Make a positive contribution to address pollinators’ decline and crop pollination locally by helping one of the key insects on our planet.
- Preserve local honeybees by contributing to safe sanctuaries where they can live, feed and produce healthy colonies, honey and other bee products.
Support a local food producer
- Help the local beekeeper to support his family’s living.
Learn more about beekeeping
- Get an insight into the world of beekeeping and support the future of this vital human activity.
- Enjoy the amazingly rich flavour and benefits of an award-winning honey with a full traceability to the hive. Honey from Lillklobb has been awarded an international prize for its outstanding quality in 2019. As much as 20 kg of honey may be included in the adoption fee.
- Support the reintroduction and use of traditional, natural beekeeping methods such as leaving enough honey for the bees to get over the long winter season with their own food.
- Support sustainable forms of farming and landscape management as the adopted honeybee colonies are located at a farm using environment-friendly management practices.
- Assist mentoring of new beekeepers and the establishment of more bee sanctuaries in the area of Southern Finland, including in the Finnish archipelago.