Stanin Hani offers you a unique opportunity to adopt a honeybee colony at the Lillklobb apiary located in the city of Espoo, Finland.
Honeybees have been kept at Lillklobb for many years. It is a perfect location to observe sustainable beekeeping and family farming in action!
Adopting a beehive provides you with a premium, local, traceable and sustainably sourced food, whose production supports nature and humans.
When you adopt a hive, you will:
- Make a positive contribution to address pollinators' decline and crop pollination locally by helping one of the key insects on our planet.
- Preserve local honeybees by contributing to safe sanctuaries where they can live, feed and produce healthy colonies, honey and other bee products.
Support a local food producer
- Help the local beekeeper to support his family's living.
Learn more about beekeeping
- Get an insight into the world of beekeeping and support the future of this vital human activity.
- Enjoy the flavour and health benefits of an award-winning premium honey with a full traceability to the hive. Honey from Lillklobb has been awarded an international prize for its outstanding quality in 2019.
- Support the reintroduction and use of traditional, natural beekeeping methods such as leaving enough honey for the bees to get over the long winter season with their own food.
- Support sustainable forms of farming and landscape management as the adopted honeybee colonies are located at a farm using environment-friendly management practices.
- Assist mentoring of new beekeepers and the establishment of more bee sanctuaries in the area of Southern Finland, including in the Finnish archipelago.